Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm Just Mad About Saffron...

In honor of the sunny day on Friday, I took a walk with camera in hand. I strapped on a 50mm, 2.5 macro lens and decided to focus on things yellow. As can be expected, there are an amazing number of flowers. This compositions is quite interesting and I thought I would show you how you can change the mood with a variety of post processing results.

SOOC

a slight color boost and sharpen

 soft and faded


A vintage look

Isn't this totally fascinating?
Leave a comment and let me know which of these you most prefer?

2 comments:

Susan Juve-Hu Bucharest said...

Hi Elaine,
I love the vintage look, but also the first, and the second because of the sharpness, Nice composition over all. Good work! Wish I'd had my camera and accompanied you. We should try that sometime.

Susan

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I prefer the original, following by the color boost and sharpen. Photoshop is almost a waste for me, because I would rather focus on taking a better photograph of what I see than learning all the ways I can play with the photo with software.

Just discovered this blog, and I'm enjoying it!