Sunday, May 2, 2010

Transformations

Here is a demo of the power of Photoshop.

The original image:


And then layered with a piece of digital paper
and a series of blending modes applied.

This is the digital paper I used: Made by Kimla Designs at After5Designs.
I positioned the photo to fit in the bright spot.


The first blending mode is overlay.


The next is soft light.


And the last is multiply.


Each effect has it's own degree of drama.
Each improves the original photo.

I love the texture that is achieved.

Which do you prefer?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the first change. So neat. I downloaded a sample of photoshop elements. Now to figure it out. You are an amazingly talent gal!

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I love the last version! I really need to learn how to do things like this in Photoshop.